I believe in one God,
- the Father Almighty,
- maker of heaven and earth
- and of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord Jesus Christ,
- the only-begotten Son of God,
- begotten of His Father before all worlds,
- God of God, Light of Light,
- very God of very God,
- begotten, not made,
- being of one substance with the Father,
- by whom all things were made;
- who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven
- and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary
and was made man;
- and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate.
- He suffered and was buried.
- And the third day He rose again according to the Scriptures
- and ascended into heaven
- and sits at the right hand of the Father.
- And He will come again with glory to judge both the living and the dead,
- whose kingdom will have no end.
And I believe in the Holy Spirit,
- the Lord and giver of life,
- who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
- who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified,
- who spoke by the prophets.
- And I believe in one holy Christian and apostolic Church,
- I acknowledge one Baptism for the remission of sins,
- and I look for the resurrection of the dead
- and the life † of the world to come. Amen.